Our Director of Training, Elicia Cárdenas, taught a Demo lesson for the First Day of language class that can be taught in-person or virtually. We recorded the lesson and debuted it during a Facebook Watch Party on Thursday, and the feedback has been overwhelming: seeing this demo is exactly what teachers need to feel confident on their first day of school this year.
Whether you are starting school after Labor Day or are looking for a re-set after struggling through your first few weeks, this demo is useful for all teachers. We highlight strategies such as Write and Discuss as well as Picture Talks, and model how to make sure language is understood by students.
Read more about the demo, what Elicia does, and some tips for what to look for here: First Day Demo Lesson by Martina Bex (Comprehensible Classroom).
Watch the demonstration lesson:
This demo lesson can be done in any language or at any level; modify it for your classroom!
- Write & Discuss
- Write and Discuss by Martina Bex (Comprehensible Classroom)
- Write and Discuss: Sometimes I win and Sometimes I belly flop by Elicia Cárdenas (Deskless Classroom)
- Write & Discuss: How do I love thee? by AnneMarie Chase (SeñoraChase.com)
- Resources about teaching with a variety of distance learning models
- Resources for Teaching with Flex plans